There are five steps you should take right away:
- Create an account with CAREER CONNECT, the School’s new online jobs database. This site is maintained by the Office of Career and Leadership Development for the exclusive use of CSSW alums.
- Join the Alumni Job Listserv run by that office by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the (closed) group for CUSSW alumni and students on LinkedIn, with over a thousand members.
- Log into AlumniConnect, find alumni working in organizations where you may be interested in working, and send them an e-mail requesting an informational interview.
- Explore the options on Career Connections, a site maintained by the Columbia Alumni Association (UNI & PW required). This site contains some helpful job board and career fair information (including for the School of Social Work). It also provides access to VAULT and WETFEET, two useful career research tools.